How many calories are in an apple? An important question for those who calculate the calories in their meals, and apples are one of the most consumed fruits after bananas and mangoes, and it is logical to know the nutritional value they provide, and there is no doubt that they are a fruit of cultural importance, and almost no country is devoid of them, and apples do not only provide various health benefits, but rather It is one of the most versatile fruits to use in recipes, such as apple pies, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, apple jam, and many more.
How many calories are in an apple?
When it comes to healthy snacks, nothing is better than apples; Because it is rich in vitamins, it has a long shelf life compared to other products, and it is very easy to put it in the bag while on the move. As for the calories, it reaches 95 calories in a medium-sized apple with its skin, but it is rich in other nutritional benefits such as minerals and vitamins.
Calories in apples and their nutritional value
The medium-sized apple provides approximately 95 calories, plus:
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams.
- Sugars: 19 grams.
- Fiber: 4g (improves digestive health, as well as boosts calcium absorption).
- Vitamin A: 14% of the recommended daily value.
- Vitamin C: 11% of the Daily Value.
- Antioxidants: Apples contain antioxidants that may prevent stress and disease.
- Anthocyanins: Apple peels contain anthocyanin, which is a type of antioxidant that slows down oxidative stress and protects against diseases.
Calories in green apple and its benefits
Green apples are healthy like red apples, except that they are more sour and slightly sweet, and green apples offer many health and aesthetic benefits, such as:
- Fiber: It contains a high percentage of fibers, which increases metabolism in the body, removes toxins, and maintains the liver and digestive system against harmful elements.
- Fats: Green apples are low in fat, which keeps blood flowing well in the body.
- Vitamins A and C: Vitamin A and C keep skin cells away from damage due to free radicals, and reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Fight aging and eliminate halos.
Calories in red apple and its benefits
A medium-sized red apple contains 116 calories, and it offers the following benefits for the body:
- Digestive health: Apples are rich in a soluble fiber called pectin, which improves digestion.
- Brain health: Apples reduce the risk of chronic brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Immune booster: Apples are rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, which strengthen the immune system.
- Improving eye health: Because apples are rich in vitamins A and C, which keep the eyes from drying out, treat night blindness, and remove free radicals.
How can I lose weight in 7 days at home?
Slow and steady weight loss is better than rapid weight loss; Because weight recovery will be as fast as losing it, the following tips are useful for healthy weight loss:
- Breakfast: Preserve breakfast; Because it provides essential nutrients and protects against hunger throughout the day.
- Regularity of meals: eating meals regularly; To reduce the desire to snack in between.
- Diversify food sources: get plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Physical activity: stay active more than before.
- Fluids: Drink a lot of water and fluids.
- Fiber: preserving foods rich in fiber; Because it helps to feel full.
- Food ingredients: read food labels. To choose healthy foods.
- How many calories are in an apple? An important question for those who follow a calorie-based diet. The average green apple offers 95 calories with its peel, while the average red apple with its peel offers 116 calories, and the apple is very rich in nutrients that are beneficial to the whole body. Visit a doctor); Because maintaining healthy foods is better than fast food full of fat and preservatives, both in terms of nutritional value and size.