How to maintain oral and dental health, A wonderful smile can be achieved by learning about the best oral and dental care methods that help clean the teeth and get a fresh mouth without an unpleasant smell, white teeth, and sparkling pink gums.
Teeth need constant care from the beginning of their appearance to remain strong and clean always, and this is done by following a set of important steps to take care of oral and dental health.
Why is my hair falling out and nails breaking?
What is the best oral care routine?
Oral and dental professionals provide a set of useful tips and methods in oral and dental care, the most important of which are:
- Rinse your mouth well after eating especially sugary meals, and before bedtime.
- Brushing the teeth with a soft-bristled brush to keep the gums from getting hurt.
- Brushing the teeth with toothpaste after each meal and before bed.
- Choose a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash to keep it healthy and protect it from germs and bacteria.
- Cleaning the teeth in a correct circular manner does not cause wounding the gums and removes tartar from them constantly.
- Change your toothbrush every two months at least.
- Using dental floss to clean the debris between the teeth that the brush cannot remove.
- Visiting the oral and dentist periodically to check on oral health, and to intervene to treat any problem before it gets worse.
- Reducing the intake of acidic drinks cause tooth erosion.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages and avoid consuming caffeinated and soft drinks, as they cause stains on the teeth and make them weak and decay.
- Clean and sterilize the toothbrush well after every use, so that bacteria and germs do not build upon it.
- Avoid smoking that causes yellowing of teeth.
- Using an electric toothbrush helps a lot in removing the tartar.
- Using teeth to break solid objects to prevent them from breaking.
Which foods affect the health of your teeth and gums?
Paying attention to proper nutrition reflects positively on the health of the mouth and teeth, protects them from decay and makes them stronger, and among the most important nutrition tips:
- Eat foods rich in calcium that make your teeth strong, such as eggs, milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese.
- Eating fresh fruits that protect the teeth from decay and yellowing, especially apples, which is one of the most important methods of oral and dental care, as it helps to clean the mouth of food waste and disinfect it from bacteria.
- Eat fresh vegetables, especially leafy vegetables, such as lettuce, watercress, parsley, celery, and spinach because they contain important nutrients for the teeth, especially phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin A and calcium.
- Pay attention to eating a large amount of pure water daily.
- Limit your intake of foods containing sugars and chocolate to prevent cavities.
- Cleaning the teeth using natural products, such as: turmeric, coarse salt, activated charcoal, and lemon juice, which help whiten teeth and get rid of yellowing and tartar.
- Sugar-free chewing gum cleans teeth, stimulates salivation, and maintains oral and dental health.
- Eating nuts supports oral and dental health because they contain a large proportion of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium, vitamin « D », fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc, all of which give teeth strength and protect the gums from bleeding and inflammation.
- Eating strawberries is important for dental health, as they contain elements that help remove tartar and plaque from the teeth. It can also be added to toothpaste for a quick and direct result, thus ensuring oral and dental care.
- Brushing your teeth with banana peel makes them whiter, and eating bananas regularly provides the body with vitamins and minerals important for the strength and health of teeth.
- Eating fresh mint leaves helps refresh the mouth and get rid of bad smell, especially after eating foods with a strong smell.
What are the tips to stay healthy 2020?
Doctors always provide the best oral and dental care methods, which are summarized in the form of a set of advice related to brushing and cleaning teeth, in addition to important tips for proper nutrition that maintains dental health, gives them strength and whiteness with a fresh breath without an unpleasant odor.