Is intermittent fasting good for weight loss? Intermittent fasting for weight loss is one of the popular types of diet in the current period for the purpose of losing weight, and it is one of the most important health systems, as a healthy diet is a balanced diet that gives the body the nutrients it needs to function properly, to get healthy nutrition, and provide the diet Healthy balanced, more energy, better focus, and better sleep.
Intermittent fasting for weight loss
Intermittent fasting is currently one of the most common health systems that people target, and it is a fairly easy health system, as it includes certain hours of eating and certain hours of fasting from food, and its ease is that most people choose the period of fasting their sleep hours, and it can be extended Fasting hours are short, and you can start eating at twelve in the afternoon and fasting at eight in the evening. It is not allowed to eat during the fasting period, but drinks that contain low calories such as water, coffee, tea and herbs are allowed; Studies have shown that intermittent fasting helps to lose weight, improve metabolism, protect against disease and increase human life.
Which intermittent fasting method is best for losing weight?
Intermittent fasting for weight loss has become very popular in recent years, and it has more than one type, including the following:
- The 8/16 system: It means eating meals within 8 hours, abstaining from eating and fasting for 16 hours per day, for example eating meals between ten in the morning until six in the evening, and fasting for the rest of the hours.
- The 5/2 regimen: It is intended to eat 500-600 calories only during two days a week.
Eating – pausing – eating: It means fasting for 24 hours once or twice a week, for example stopping eating dinner on one day and fasting completely until dinner the next day.
What is the best thing to eat after intermittent fasting?
Among the tips that should be followed when following an intermittent fasting diet to lose weight are the following:
- Drink plenty of water, and drink at least two cups before every meal.
- Drink coffee, tea and beneficial herbs during the fasting period, as coffee makes the body feel full.
- Exercising, or walking at least 3 times a week.
- It is preferable that one meal contains a quarter of the amount of carbohydrates, a quarter of protein and half the amount of vegetables, with fruits and drinks between meals.
- It is possible to dispense with the breakfast period, if the person gets from sleep late and has lunch, but the purpose of this system is to take three meals during the eight hours.
- Take an open meal that contains anything delicious and forbidden during the diet, once a week, as this meal will help in burning more.
Categories that are excluded from following the intermittent fasting system
Almost all groups can follow the intermittent fasting system, men and women, and many studies have shown that intermittent fasting improves insulin sensitivity in men, but it does not suit everyone, there are groups that you should stay away from or follow with a doctor’s consultation and mention the following:
- People who are underweight.
- People who suffer from disorders caused by eating certain foods.
- It is preferable for both pregnant and breastfeeding women to consult the doctor about her intention to follow the intermittent fasting system, and any woman considering childbearing should postpone the idea of following the intermittent fasting system.
- Feeling of general weakness.
- Slow metabolism.
- Low blood sugar.
- Lack of vitamins and minerals in the body.
After completing the diet, and returning to the wrong healthy habits, it is possible to return to the previous weight.
What is the healthiest type of diet?
- Vegetarian diet: As this type of diet depends on vegetarian dishes, and eliminating animal-based dishes. To compensate for the lack of protein due to not eating meat and poultry in this diet, it is advised to find alternative sources of protein and compensate for the deficiency, and among the benefits of this system is that it reduces cholesterol and saturated fats in the body, and reduces heart disease, obesity and high blood pressure.
- The Mediterranean diet: It is another type of vegetarian diet, as it is rich in vegetables but contains some meat, and studies have shown that this diet helps treat depression, control blood sugar levels, and aid in weight loss.
- Blood type diet: Doctors and nutritionists have begun to search for diets that are compatible with certain types of blood types. For example, people with blood type O are advised to eat plenty of protein-rich foods, spinach, red meat, seafood, and broccoli, while dairy products should be avoided in order to reduce the weight.
In conclusion, this article details the intermittent fasting system for weight loss, the types of intermittent fasting, tips to follow when following intermittent fasting, the categories that are excluded from following the intermittent fasting system, the side effects of the intermittent fasting system, and other types of the diet.
Is intermittent fasting good for weight loss
Is intermittent fasting good for weight loss