Treatment of sinuses with olive oil, Infection with a sinus problem is one of the most common problems that are widespread among adults and children. This problem is one of the problems that can be treated with home recipes without the need for medical intervention, especially if it was at the beginning or if the symptoms did not worsen, so today we will explain to you treating sinuses with olive oil as one of the home methods Characteristic in the treatment of sinusitis.
What is paranasal sinus disease?
Sinuses are cavities that contain air and are located in the skull. These air-filled sinuses, when inflamed, fill with mucus that may cause them to close and hinder the normal entry and exit of air from them.
When mucus laden with viruses and microbes builds up in the sinuses and is not cleared, it leads to a bacterial infection.
Which essential oil is good for clearing sinus?
Olive oil is one of the oils that contain anti-inflammatory substances that have healing properties to fight viruses, bacteria, and parasites that affect the sinuses.
Olive oil also contains antioxidants such as flavonoids, carotene, vitamin E, vitamin D and other elements that help relieve allergic rhinitis and eliminate respiratory problems in general.
What is the fastest way to relieve sinuses?
Sinusitis is treated with olive oil by some of the following methods:
- Drip olive oil directly into the nose three times a day, as this oil works like a laxative to get rid of dry nose.
- Put a little olive oil in the cotton buds and insert these sticks into the nose.
- Rinsing the mouth with half a small cup of olive oil, and there is no objection to swallowing this oil, three times a day for a week, because this recipe cures sinus problems and allergies at the same time.
- Sinus treatment with olive oil and honey
- Honey is known for its amazing benefits in treating many problems that affect the sinuses and allergies in the nose, so it is recommended to add honey to olive oil because honey contains anti-microbial substances that help get rid of bacteria and fungi inside the sinuses.
The amount of honey is mixed with olive oil and put a dropper of this mixture in the nose every day five or six times, including once before bedtime.
Benefits of olive oil
The benefits of olive oil are as follows:
Clean the body from toxins: Because olive oil contains antiseptic substances for germs and fungi, it also cleans the liver and helps the body get rid of excess toxins in it.
Strengthening the immune system: Olive oil contains some fatty acids that work to strengthen the immune system in the body, thus making the body have the ability to fight various diseases.
Control of blood sugar level: Practical studies have proven that the percentage of unsaturated fats present in olive oil works to control blood sugar and improve insulin level in the blood, which contributes to controlling blood sugar.
Protection from heart disease: Monounsaturated fats and Omega 3 present in olive oil help protect the body from hardening of the arteries and blood clots, thus protecting against exposure to heart attacks.
Excess weight loss: Because olive oil works to curb the appetite and increase the feeling of satiety and fullness, so eating a small amount of olive oil provides the body with many of the nutrients it needs without increasing weight, while reducing the desire to eat.