What are the benefits of mint?, as mint is one of the best leafy plants for health, for its contribution to treating many diseases related to the respiratory and digestive system, and pharmaceutical companies use it in its manufacture because it contains many nutritional values that help in the cure of many diseases, so we will today In this article, we explain the most important benefits of mint for the heart, pregnant woman and stomach.
Is mint ice cream safe during pregnancy?
With the onset of pregnancy, you may have to stop consuming your favorite drinks before pregnancy, such as coffee, soft water, and others, for fear of harming the fetus, and the doctor may advise you to make healthy alternatives such as fresh juices or some warm herbal drinks, especially mint, and the benefits of mint for the pregnant woman and the fetus make it difficult Ideal and healthy drinks during pregnancy d, as mint is associated with improving digestion, which may avoid some common pregnancy symptoms, such as bloating and cramps, and in this article, we will tell you the most important benefits and harms of mint for pregnant women.
Why is a healthy pregnancy important?
Peppermint boiled is one of the drinks known for its general health benefits, and in particular, it is considered a useful drink during pregnancy thanks to its content of menthol and other compounds that help improve digestion and treat stomach irritation, and the aromatic flavor of mint helps to feel relaxed and relieve stress.
- Promote digestive health: Boiled mint helps treat digestive disorders effectively, and during pregnancy you may experience many digestive problems, such as indigestion, bloating, and nausea, and excess gas may lead to severe cramps, as the menthol in mint relaxes muscles Stomach, which in turn relieves cramps, and eating mint decoction helps stimulate the flow of bile, promote bowel movement, and relieve irritable bowel syndrome.
- Get rid of nausea and vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are disturbing symptoms during pregnancy, as peppermint acts as an antispasmodic and helps relax the stomach muscles, and it is one of the drinks that relieves the feeling of morning sickness if you suffer from vomiting and morning sickness, it is recommended to drink a cup of boiled peppermint daily You can add a slice of lemon to enhance the flavor, as its sour taste helps reduce the urge to vomit.
- Feeling energized: Eating peppermint helps reduce the feeling of fatigue that you may experience during pregnancy, and studies indicate that the natural compounds in mint promote a feeling of energy and reduce stress, so eating a cup of mint may help you regain a sense of vitality and carry out your daily tasks during pregnancy.
- Strengthening the immune system: Some studies indicated that peppermint has an anti-bacterial effect and that it works to prevent the growth of bacteria that may be transmitted through foods, such as salmonella and listeria, and has an anti-staphylococcal effect and the bacteria associated with pneumonia, so eating it regularly helps in strengthening Immunity and prevention of colds and sore throats, and mint helps reduce the growth of bacteria in the mouth, which maintains dental health during pregnancy.
- Getting rid of insomnia and tension: Tension, insomnia and sleep problems are common symptoms in pregnancy, especially with the approaching date of birth, and drinking a cup of boiled mint before bed helps reduce muscle tension associated with pregnancy and a sense of relaxation, as the calming and anti-inflammatory properties of mint help reduce body temperature and pressure Blood, which helps reduce tension and a sense of calm and tranquility, and you can add a drop of peppermint oil to a piece of cotton and then put it on the pillow before bed, as the scent of mint helps relieve insomnia and tension.
Is Peppermint dangerous during pregnancy?
Although peppermint has many benefits during pregnancy, excessive intake of it may have some side effects or potential harm, including:
- Relaxing the uterine muscles: Due to the relaxing effect of peppermint on the muscles, excessive intake may lead to the relaxation of the uterine muscles and increase the risk of miscarriage, especially in the first months of pregnancy, although this effect is rare unless you have a previous history of miscarriage, it is better to avoid taking it during pregnancy.
- Increased heartburn: Taking mint decoction may aggravate heartburn, which is a problem that many pregnant women suffer, especially in the second trimester of pregnancy, as mint also increases the flow of bile from the gallbladder, and it exacerbates the symptoms of gallstones during pregnancy.
So if you suffer from GERD or gallbladder problems, avoid consuming peppermint because it does not make symptoms worse. Excessive intake of peppermint decoction or dietary supplements that contain peppermint may lead to muscle pain, dizziness, and slowed heartbeat.
Why does Mint settle your stomach?
- Peppermint helps treat diseases that afflict the digestive system, as pharmaceutical companies incorporate it in their products, especially those related to cold and flu.
- Peppermint increases the secretion and activity of the salivary glands and digestive enzymes that aid the digestive system in the digestive process, and it also helps in treating cases of indigestion.
- It helps in treating irritable bowel problems in both children and adults and relieving symptoms, as well as reduces stomach pain and stomach cramps, helps to overcome acidity and get rid of flatulence, as it is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and works to promote oral health, fight bad breath and refresh the breath, in addition to Due to its ability to fight the bacteria responsible for tooth decay, which is why it is used in pastes and mouthwashes.
- Peppermint facilitates digestion, opens the appetite, expels gas, treats stomach pain, relieves acidity and softens it, as well as reduces the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome caused by the digestive system, and treats the sensitivity of the membrane that consists of the stomach and stimulates the secretions of the gallbladder, as well as treats spasms that may affect the stomach and intestines.
- Peppermint relieves menstrual pain, and relieves stomach worms and parasites, treats diarrhea, and reduces bad breath resulting from a problem in the digestive system.
Is Peppermint good for respiratory infections?
- Green mint helps relieve congestion in the throat and windpipe.
- Peppermint has the advantage of mint in treating tuberculosis.
- Peppermint helps the body relieve asthma symptoms.
- Peppermint has a very strong aroma that helps open the airways and calms the breath, which is why it is used in the manufacture of inhalers.
- Helps relieve cough and expel phlegm.
Thus, we have presented to you the most important benefits of mint for the heart, pregnant woman and stomach, and what are the most important diseases that mint can eliminate, wishing you continued health and wellness.
What are the benefits of mint
Read More: What are the benefits of mint
What are the benefits of mint